'Tender' (2003-05) Fiona Hall
Fiona Hall's contemporary work reflects ideas that come from the Renaissance concept of Mercantilism.Research the two examples; 'Tender'(2003-05) and 'Leaf Litter'(1999-2003) to explain how they relate to this concept.
1. First define mercantilism, using material from your ALVC handbook, and explain how it has developed since the Renaissance.
2. Identify the ideas or concepts in Hall's work that relate to Mercantilism?
3. For each work describe the shape, form and materials used, and also explain the ideas behind each example.
4. In your opinion do the materials communicate the ideas of the work? Please explain your answer.
5. Fiona Hall's recent project The Kermadecs focuses on issues around the Pacific ocean. Research this project to summarize the importance of the area and upload an image to your blog for discussion.
|' Leaf Litter' (1999-2003) Fiona Hall|